Mepitel is a thin, semi-transparent dressing that will conform to the shape of your wound and should be used in combination with an outer absorbent dressing.
Containing the unique and patented Safetac® adhesive on both sides of the dressing, Mepitel Mepitel Non-Adherent Impregnated Dressings prevents the outer absorbent dressing from sticking to your wound (or the skin around your wound). This makes the dressing changes are as pain-free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy.
Mepitel can be left in place for up to 14 days, depending on the condition of your wound, which means that only the outer dressing needs replacing during the 14 day period as and when needed.
Areas of use
Mepitel Non-Adherent Impregnated Dressings is a versatile dressing that can be used on many different wounds when used with an outer absorbent dressing. Typical wounds that are treated with Mepitel are:
- Skin tears
- Skin abrasions, blistering, and lacerations
- Surgical wounds
- Partial thickness burns
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Skin disorders such as Epidermolysis Bullosa
Main benefits of Mepitel
- Minimises pain during dressing changes
- Minimises damage to the wound, and the skin around the wound, during dressing changes
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days during which time the outer absorbent pad should be changed as needed
- Low risk of skin irritation and allergy
HOW TO APPLY MEPITEL
Clean the wound area. Remove the release film.
- Apply Mepitel to the wound.
- Apply outer absorbent dressing.